If you’re interesting in making an impact on your community, become a Talent Development Specialist! Go to Employers Overload to apply!
Are you passionate about impacting your community? Are you internally motivated to help people? Do you like to work in a fast-paced environment? Are you innovative? Come join our team! We give hope to job seekers and help them live their best life every day!
- Interview and assess each participant to gather information on their education, background, prior work experience, skills, interests, and short/long term employment goals
- Assists the participant with up-to-date employment information, including high-demand occupation lists, hiring events, etc.
- Uses assessment tools to develop a realistic career pathway
- Assist participant in going to training to develop employment skills
- Provides job search help and job referrals to the participant at each meeting
- Matches participant’s qualifications to requirements on employer job orders
- Ensures that all participant updates are entered in the appropriate application the same day in accordance with program regulations, policies and procedures
- Monitors performance reports to ensure all services and data entry are entered timely and accurately
- Assists program participants in developing job readiness skills and provide feedback to case managers as needed.
- Reaches out to participants to provide job matching services, information on hiring events, and following up for potential hire information
- Creates/maintains program participant file with up-to-date documentation as required by program regulations, and local policies and procedures
- Disseminates labor market information and information regarding Workforce Development Services especially the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum High School graduate or equivalent
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to navigate through multiple computer software programs to document required information
- Ability to interact with team members, sharing responsibility to accomplish common goals and objectives
- Ability to perform fast paced customer service with accurate and quick documentation in multiple systems
- Able to manage multiple priorities
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Bilingual skills in Russian or Spanish
- Understanding of daily workforce center operations
- Knowledge and experience in interviewing and employment counseling
- Skill in solving employment-related problems
- General knowledge of public employment and training programs
- Understanding and awareness of the needs of disadvantaged individuals and other persons who face barriers to employment
- Understanding of techniques for developing jobs in the public and private sectors
- Working knowledge of workforce center programs (WIOA, TANF, SNAP, Youth)
- Diverse candidates encouraged to apply
- Extensive standing, sitting, computer, phone, and deskwork required; some kneeling and lifting of up to 10 pounds required
- Working primarily in a defined office environment with specified hours
- Interacting one-on-one and in groups with individuals from a diverse range of backgrounds
- Position will start at $19/hr 40 hours a week. Monday-Friday 8-5. Closed for all major holidays.
- Work will be performed at the Vancouver/Kelso WorkSource office. Which ever you prefer.