WorkSource provides priority of service to our nation’s Veterans and military spouses. If you’re a Veteran looking for work, or seeking to make the transition to civilian employment, come to WorkSource!
At WorkSource, Veterans are given priority of service, meaning that: you are first in line to access job referrals and entrance into specific programs. In addition, for those who qualify for our Disabled Veterans’ Outreach Program (DVOP), we have a special team of Veteran Representatives, who are Veterans themselves. Because of their background in both the armed forces and in employment development, they are uniquely equipped to help you discover your transferrable skills so that you can find your dream job.
At WorkSource, you can:
- Meet your Local Veteran’s Employment Representative (LVER) and gain a coach and advocate dedicated to finding you quality employment.
- Get connected to WorkSource support services such as gas vouchers, work clothes, or tools for the jobs.
- Use our resource room with free wi-fi to work on applications, resume, and job search.
- Work with an Employment Specialist to review your resume.
- Practice presenting yourself by scheduling a mock interview with WorkSource staff.
To learn more about our Veteran resources in Vancouver, contact our Local Veteran’s Employment Representative Daniel Ledgett at email@example.com or call at 360.578.4248.