Individuals out of work can learn about a variety of resources to help them find work or decide what to do next during virtual events on October 20, 26 and 28, 2021. The free virtual events will provide information on employment services, healthcare options, educational opportunities and unemployment insurance and will take place:
- October 20, 2021: 4-5 p.m.
- October 26, 2021: 10-11 a.m.
- October 28, 2021: 4-5 p.m.
To register for one of the virtual events go to https://bit.ly/3j4zapG.
Reemployment services can help you get back to work faster. Attend a virtual session to learn about:
- Healthcare resources – What to do when you’re without health insurance. Washington residents can apply for low-cost Washington Basic Health plans.
- Training and education options – Consider training or courses to expand your job skills and knowledge. Community College staff will guide you through the application process.
- Unemployment insurance – Benefits may be available to help you meet expenses while you look for another job and are not based on financial need. Employment Security Department (ESD) will show you how and when to apply.
- Job hunting tools & resources – Free resources including one-on-one career guidance, referrals to companies that are hiring and résumé writing assistance are available through WorkSource. Find your local WorkSource at www.WorkSourceWA.com, click “Resources” then “WorkSource Locator.”
WorkSource is a partnership of nonprofit, education, state and local agencies working together to provide a variety of employment, training and support services under one umbrella with the goal of making it easier for individuals to access as many services as possible without having to contact or visit multiple organizations. WorkSource is not the unemployment office, nor is it the Employment Security Department, although some of their services may be available at WorkSource.
- Questions & Answers – There will be time at the end for attendees to ask questions.