Check out the job descriptions below to see if you’re a match.
If you’re interested in working with the public through a charitable organization, look no further than these long-term paid internship opportunities.
We have job descriptions below for all three positions. If you’re interested, send your resume with three reasons why you’d be a good fit for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eligible candidates for these positions must be receiving SNAP benefits, but not TANF.
Salvation Army – Front Office Assistant
Status/Hours: FT/PT (Minimum 20 hours/week)
Support the front office and food pantry. Basic duties include: answering phones, greeting visitors, basic data entry and various related tasks.
- Must like working with the public, have a sensitivity to customer diversity and special needs.
- Ability to multitask and stay focused/calm in a busy environment.
- Capable of performing and learning basic computer skills.
- Must be able to work independently and follow written, oral instructions.
- Ability to operate a complex telephone system.
- Lift up to 20 lbs.
Salvation Army – Food Program Assistant
Status/Hours: FT/PT (Minimum 25 hours/week)
- Support the food pantry and warehouse in ALL aspects of food program operation.
- Learn proper use of warehouse equipment and acquire certifications.
- Keep all shelf stable food sorted and organized in a safe, orderly fashion.
- Follow written and oral instructions and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, auto insurance, and be willing to participate in Salvation Army’s drivers’ test.
- Need to be in good physical condition, able to lift 50+ lbs.
Salvation Army – Longview Temple Corps
- Work under direction and supervision of FT Cook
- Prepare meals for HOPE VILLAGE congregate meal service as directed
- Comply with all applicable food safety and handling protocol
- Assists with meal distribution as needed and or directed
- Clean and maintain supplies and inventory and all other tasks as assigned \
Battle Ground Adventist Community Services – Stockroom Assistant
Status/Hours: Part-time (20 hours/week)
Employment Days/Hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, plus an additional 2-4 hours on Mondays and Wednesdays as needed to pick up and unload CCFB orders.
Adventist Community Services in Battle Ground is looking for an individual who can work with a team of people but who can also work independently as needed to fulfill the duties of the position in serving the needy of Clark County.
- Pick up and unload Clark County Food Bank (CCFB) food orders 2+ times/wk.
- Process donated foods, weigh, inspect, bag and store stockroom.
- Rotate stock and maintain organization with stock dated and in order.
- Stock shopping area for clients on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Receive donations of clothing and household goods from donors and direct to the appropriate area for processing.
- Maintain and clean the walk-in refrigerator and freezer.
- Breakdown boxes and packaging materials for recycling.
- Take recycling and trash out to dumpster and recycling area.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- No COVID-19 vaccination required.