Apply now for these exciting opportunities!
FISH of Vancouver and St. Vincent de Paul both have job openings right now that would be perfect for individuals looking to get their start in social or office work.
If you’re interested in either of these positions, send your resume to email@example.com along with a few sentences explaining why you’re a good candidate.
Check out the job descriptions below!
Company: FISH of Vancouver
Status/Hours: 40 hours per week
Assist FISH in supporting daily food pantry operations. Position created due to increased client numbers related to COVID-19 impacts on our community. The candidate for this position will positively engage with all clients in a way that is nourishing our community with respect, kindness, and food, without judgment. Participates in special projects as assigned and reports directly to Executive Director.
- Support the daily client intake process for the pantry.
- Give volunteers direction and assign projects as needed.
- Assist with the organization of food as it is received, sorted, and distributed.
- Assist with food inventory management.
- Demonstrates good judgment and makes reasoned decisions.
- Maintains professional demeanor with clients and is professional in appearance and dress.
- Maintains client confidentiality.
- Maintains consistent work schedule.
- High School diploma/GED, preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years operations and/or administrative experience preferred.
- Solid communications and customer service skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions provided in a variety of forms (written, oral, diagrams, etc.)
- Knowledge of MS Office including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Physical demands include sitting to perform desktop entries and frequently required to walk. Occasionally need to lift/move up to 25lbs.
- Must have COVID-19 vaccination and follow organization guidelines.
Company: St. Vincent de Paul
Salary: $17.50 – $18.50/hour
Status/Hours: Part-time; 20 hours per week
The Program Assistant will perform general office and program duties in support of the St. Vincent de Paul’s (SVdP) mission to provide service to clients in need of food, clothing, and hygiene.
- Office experience.
- Computer skills including word, excel and ability to learn Salesforce software and data input.
- Be dependable, self-motivated, organized.
- Performs duties requiring attention to detail.
- Ability to work with people.
- Bilingual beneficial.
- Process client intake in Salesforce for food, clothing, and hygiene.
- Input daily activity in Salesforce for food, clothing and hygiene as directed.
- Prepare and update client food tickets and clothing tickets.
- Prepare signage for facility as needed, including food and clothing.
- Prepare sack lunches for homeless clients as needed and organize lunches for distribution at front desk and to outside agencies as needed. Research ways to enhance the lunch program.
- Track and input volunteer hours.
- Answer phones; provide information to clients and record client requests.
- Organize and maintain office supplies; order supplies at direction of Executive Director and Operations Manager.
- Prepare SVdP bulk mailings.
- Sanitize office area and counter surfaces as directed.
- Assist with food line organization and stocking as needed.
- Assist with holiday food distribution planning and execution.
- Assist in other facility duties as needed.
- Plan and help create stories for increased food donations for website and Facebook as directed.
- Provide clerical support to Executive Director as requested.
- Perform related duties as required.