Interested in helping your community? Follow the link to apply!
Career TEAM, a leading high-tech workforce development company who combines their love for careering with technology and utilizes the best content, trainers, case managers, job developers, designers, programmers, and partners. Career TEAM is solving today’s unemployment challenges through innovative solutions.
Career Team is looking to hire dynamic Career Advisors to work with Adults and Dislocated workers through the WorkSource system in Southwest Washington serving Clark, Cowlitz and Wahkiakum counties to provide career counseling and intensive case management to obtain high-quality jobs across the region. The ideal candidate will be able to work well autonomously and be able to maintain and strengthen partnerships with existing partners. Work will be performed under the WIOA (Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act) Program underneath the WorkSource umbrella. If you have the heart to serve this community and the drive to do so. We want to meet you. Experience is not mandatory, however character is.
- Provide intensive case management services to registered customers within the One-Stop system;
- Become a subject matter expert on labor market and career trends
- Complete intake and eligibility determination for the workforce program. Assess jobseekers’ employment and training needs and abilities through interviewing, testing and other methods;
- Enter data into and otherwise use and process clients through any participant information system as required, and any other database as required by the One-Stop system;
- Guide jobseekers through the preparation of individual employment plans (IEP) based on their specific occupational goals;
- Counsel clients on available job opportunities, training programs and other services;
- Complete Individual Training Account (ITA) vouchers and other documents required for clients entering training;
- Refer individuals to appropriate services, training programs or job opportunities and follow-up on those activities;
- Conduct orientation sessions, workshops, job clubs and other group presentations for clients;
- Follow all policies, procedures and regulations related to eligibility documentation; ensure that case files have originals and/or copies of eligibility documentation;
- Maintain accurate individual case files for each registered customer assuring that each file contains all required eligibility documents and meets compliance requirements
- Develop a comprehensive Individual Employment Plan (IEP) for all customers. Provide referral and tracking of eligible customers into contracted programs provided on-site at the One-Stop centers and/or located in the community in accordance with established contracts.
- Meet and/or exceed program benchmarks. Participate in all staff related events as required including but not limited to: training, staff meetings and individual supervision;
- Complete all required reports.
- Two years of work experience combining elements of training, counseling, case management or other services;
- Possess substantial case management experience and the ability to read and interpret policies and procedures;
- Ability to work in a variety of settings with culturally-diverse customer base with the ability to be culturally sensitive;
- Ability to serve as a role model to customers and motivate them towards achieving goals;
- Personal computer literacy required, including effective use of the Internet, e-mail, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Ability to meet and/or exceed set goals and objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, customer service, organizational skills and communication skills, both oral and written required.
- Experience in Workforce Development
- Experience in recruiting or marketing services
- AA degree or higher preferred, but not required